Elk River Lutheran Church ELCA
About Elk River Lutheran Church
Located in a remodeled bank building right on the Mississippi River in downtown Elk River, we are the only ELCA (Evangelical Lutheran Church in America) congregation in the city of Elk River. Our mission is: Trusting in God’s grace, an accepting, joyful community, serving God and neighbor. We are a Reconciling in Christ (RIC) congregation, meaning we are proud to be welcoming of the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender community. Formed in 2009 we have quickly grown to over 500 members and excited to be looking for a nursery attendant to help us serve the young families who attend worship.
- Create and maintain a welcoming and safe place for kids. Be polite, friendly, courteous, and professional to all children, parents, and volunteers.
- Provide age-appropriate care for children age 0-5 years old during Sunday morning worship and Sunday School time, which includes: maintaining a safe environment, holding, or sitting with and cheerfully interacting with children through games, stories, and play.
- Use pager system to call parents as needed. (Parents are responsible for diaper changing and bringing kids to the bathroom.)
- Read, understand, and follow the “Elk River Lutheran Church Nursery Guidelines” and ensure parents/guardians are aware of it.
- Help parents/guardians sign in and out as needed.
- Make sure the space is picked up and cleaned at the beginning and end of shift. Including sanitizing toys as needed.
- Work with trained adult and youth volunteers who will sometimes be in the nursery in an assisting role.
- Report to the Senior Pastor any concerns about children, families, or any issues which are hindering your ability to carry out duties or responsibilities.
- Must have experience caring for children between the ages of 0 to 5 with the ability to adapt and interact with a variety of personalities.
- At least 18 years of age
- Satisfactory completion of background check
- Must have or be willing to receive CPR certification for infants and children.
Hours: Part-time, 4 hours/week (Sundays 8:00am-12:00pm)
Starting Pay: $15/hour
Absences: Communicate in advance, by phone to the Senior Pastor: 1) any planned absences with an advance two-week notice, or 2) any unplanned absences at least two hours prior to the shift.
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume with contact information for two references to email@example.com
Contact Pastor Nathan Mugaas with further questions: ERLC Church Office (763) 595-1216
For more information on Elk River Lutheran Church visit our website: www.elkriverlutheran.org