3-YEAR CAPITAL APPEAL 2020-2022
This campaign offers us opportunity to finalize long-term building financing, make important facilities improvements, and simultaneously grow our mission to people. Starting in January, 2020, the capital/building fund will serve as the sole source for servicing our new mortgage (p and i)
CAPITAL APPEAL GOAL: $1 MILLION
$300,000 for servicing our mortgage for the next 36 months
- Purchase our building from the ELCA Mission Investment Fund for $1.6 million. Apply $300,000 to the principal (which we presently hold in building fund savings). Mortgage: $1.3 million.
- Begin servicing monthly mortgage payments (p and i) from capital fund proceeds. We estimate our monthly mortgage payments will be approximately $8,000 per month. For 36 months this will approximate $300,000. So the first $300,000 raised in this appeal will be dedicated to mortgage management.
- Install stained glass window gifted to us by the ELCA in 2014.
- Total replacement of current sound and video systems.
- Rotate sanctuary 90 degrees to help provide a greater sense of community in worship and allow fellowship hall to better serve as overflow.
- Enhance front landscaping. Reconfigure signage.
- Integrate new patio/gathering space into front landscape.
- Reconfigure drive through front parking for easier drop off and pick up.
- Construct large vestibule bump-out on east side to create a brighter, more spacious, more obvious and more welcoming front entrance.
- Setting aside funds to tend to maintenance issues as they arise will assure that we can steward our facilities without negatively impacting our ministry to people.
- Making additional principal payments will allow us to more quickly eliminate our debt and free up additional dollars for ministry to people!